Monday, June 7, 2010

The Hair Cut


Sam's entirey and completely fabulous Aunti Mia gave him a haircut and so, for now, we have a lovely reprieve from the issue of hair combing and washing. Such an easy way out it seems and yet what's wrong with easy? The challenge, of course, is to make real peace with this in the time between now and when it grows out again.

His head has begun to itch again a bit and he even said he'd be needing to have his hair washed. I was so excited! And I said I can do that for you, just like Auntie did, just the same. And he said, No, I'll wait for her, her is the one to do it. And since we don't expect to see her again for another three or four months, I give him a kiss on his temporarily sweet smelling head, turn back to our Pippi Longstocking and go on reading. The future, the hair, the neurosis, will all take care of itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment