Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Birthday




What a lovely, lovely day! I love this day, I love remembering Sam's birth as a seperate person and my birth as a mother. I love eating chocolate cake made by Auntie Whoozie and Uncle Carl's mesquite grilled chicken made just for Sam. I love the friends who are our family. I love Theresa's grandchildren who brought Sam a home made card with quarters taped to it and John and Ryan and Shelley who came all the way here just to be with us and Karen who drove all this way and Diane and her big pregnant belly and Max and his happy smile, and Jim who came early and stayed late and sat outside under a tree when there got to be too many people in the house. There is so much I want to write about all that the celebration of this birthday means to me, but I was too busy living it and now I want to go to bed--so here is a happy photo instead.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! What a delicious photo! Now that is a happy boy. The adults semm pretty happy too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete